Friday, 17 February 2017

My Sweet Revenge by Jane Fallon




I want to make my husband fall back in love with me.
Let me explain. This isn't an exercise in 1950s wifeydom. I haven't been reading articles in old women's magazines. 'Twenty ways to keep your man'. That couldn't be further from the truth.
I want him to fall back in love with me so that when I tell him to get the hell out of my life he'll care. He won't just think, 'Oh good'.
I want it to hurt.
Paula has had Robert's back since they got together as drama students.
She gave up her dreams so he could make it.
Now he's one of the nation's most popular actors.
And Paula's just discovered he's having an affair.
She's going to remind Robert just what he's sacrificing.
And then she's going to break his heart like he broke hers.
It will be her greatest acting role ever.
Revenge is sweet.
Isn't it?




What is it they say about the best laid plans of mice and men? Well Paula's plan doesn't go the way she wanted it either. I thought the plan to get her cheating husband Robert to fall back in love with her and then dump him was a bit vindictive, and yet how else could she make sure he didn't get his happy ever after? 
After eighteen years of marriage and being a stay at home mum Paula knows she has let herself go. 
She is overweight by about three or four dress sizes and she has decided to do something about it.
Paula's battle to get fit and lose weight was very well written as it happened very slowly, it wasn't one of those quick fix diets.
Walking to work instead of getting the bus, walking a bit faster each day even although she was left exhausted and soaked in sweat, and finally getting herself a personal trainer.  Paula started eating healthily and making sure her hubby piled on the pounds at the same time. Maybe revenge is the best weapon to have in the fight to get fit and lose weight.
As Paula becomes friends with the woman her husband is having an affair with we are told the story from her and then Paula's point of view.
There were no dull moments in this book although towards the end it seemed like a bit of a comedy farce it did keep me guessing what would happen right to the end.
The characters seemed real and while Paula was likeable and will have you rooting for her, Robert and the woman he was cheating with deserved all they had coming to them.
A good light read.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Sweet-Revenge-Jane-Fallon-ebook/dp/B01M03C5OG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487341263&sr=8-1&keywords=my+sweet+revenge

No comments:

Post a Comment