Friday, 6 November 2015

The Years of Loving You by Ella Harper



What if your first love was your only love?
When Molly is diagnosed with a life changing illness, it feels like her whole world has come crashing down. She hopes the news will make her marriage to Sam stronger. But why does Molly always call best friend Ed in a crisis?
Ed. The very same Ed that Molly fell in love with at a party when they were teenagers, underneath a star-filled sky. Then life took them in very different directions. They could only ever be friends.
Suddenly Molly starts to question every decision she’s ever made. What if they could turn back the clock? Back to the very beginning. When the only certainty they shared was each other …




I have read a few books lately with the formula of, boy and girl meet, hate each other until the last chapter then they fall in love. Predictable and I'm a bit bored with it.
I'm glad to say that this book, although it's a love story is different and I lost myself in it.

Molly and Ed love each other but circumstances prevent them doing anything about it, so they decide that they're meant to be just best friends.  Life moves on and they meet other people and have other relationships but when things in each of their lives go wrong they each turn to the other for support. The reader just knows they have to be together but I was never sure it would happen and I was still guessing right up until the last chapter.
I loved Molly and Ed and I loved they way Ed always put Molly's feelings first even if it made him look bad.
I think the author Ella Harper has been clever in her writing of this book. It does not run along the lines of the formula I spoke about at the beginning.
The story goes between the present and the past and it is through that we learn of how Molly and Ed met and what happened to bring us to their present day predicament.
I'm not going to divulged any more of this story except to say it is beautifully written and kept me wondering until the end when the tears came.

The Years of Loving you is our for Kindle download on Amazon UK
and out in paperback and in the shops on 19th November.
The author Ella Harper also writes as Sasha Wagstaff.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a lovely book, Anne. I'm sorry I'm so late here, but I think the wait has been worth it. This is one I'd like to read!

    ReplyDelete