Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Three Amazing Things About You by Jill Mansell




Hallie has a secret. She's in love. He's perfect for her in every way, but he's seriously out of bounds. And her friends aren't going to help her because what they do know is that Hallie doesn't have long to live. Time is running out...



Flo has a dilemma. She really likes Zander. But his scary sister won't be even faintly amused if she thinks Zander and Flo are becoming friends - let alone anything more.



Tasha has a problem. Her new boyfriend is the adventurous type. And she's afraid one of his adventures will go badly wrong.




Twenty eight year old Hallie has Cystic Fibrosis and at the start of the book she has receives a phone call  from the lung transplant team saying that lungs have been found for her. She leaves a message on her blog Three Amazing Things About You where under a pseudonym Hallie sorts out other people's problems. Her message tells everyone who she is.
I warmed to Hallie from the start and I wanted all to go well for her but we don't find out until the end of the book as her story unfolds. She is in love with someone she shouldn't be in love with and although her friends are wonderful and include her in everything Hallie still feels isolated because of her illness.

Flo works in a care home and loves her job but the death of a friend brings news that some people find hard to come to terms with. When Flo develops feelings for someone she knows it's going to cause big problems. 

We also meet Tasha,unlucky in love but has she finally found the man of her dreams in the unlikeliest of places?
The three woman are obviously linked with each other in some way. I loved each of their stories and although I had an inkling of what was going to happen the outcome still had some surprises.

This was a very easy book to read. The story was well rounded, full of happy, sad and funny. Once I had started I couldn't put it down. I thought the research that went into how Hallie felt coped with her Cystic Fibrosis was spot on and having the same disease myself I think I can say that. 
I don't think I have read Jill Mansell before but after enjoying this book I must have a look at some others.


Three Amazing Things About You for kindle

I always like to tell my readers the truth and at £6.02 for a kindle download I feel that's a bit pricey but the paperback will hit the shops on 18th June hopefully at a more affordable price.
Thank goes to the publishers who provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne,
    I'm glad you liked it. I've read some other Jill Mansell books as well and always liked them!
    Happy reading!
    Myra @ I'm Loving Books

    ReplyDelete