Wednesday, 31 December 2014

My Virtual Book Awards 2014

During 2014 I have reviewed 53 books and read another ten which are waiting to be reviewed. I hope I have been honest in my findings but my reviews are only my opinion and its okay for you to have a different one. If I hate a book I will not write a review on it I will simply put it to one side. I will say what I like or dislike about a story but I know how much blood sweat and tears authors put into their work so I would never tear it apart.
Some of my reviews may be shorter than others. This may be because if I say anymore I will give away important and exciting parts of the story and I never want to do that.

Thank you to everyone who has read any of my reviews this year. I hope they have been of some help to you. Thank you to Net Galley, Bookbrigr, Avon Books and all the authors who have trusted me with their books to review, it has been a pleasure.
To round off 2014 here are the Books with Wine and Chocolate Book Awards.


BOOKS WITH THE MOST TEARS



  The Sunrise by Victoria Hislop

The Separation by Diana Jefferies










The Atlas of Us by Tracy Buchanan


The Memory Book by Rowan Coleman



 LAUGH OF THE YEAR


  Take Mum Out by Fiona Gibson


One Plus One by JoJo Moyes.



WOULD LOVE TO SEE MADE INTO A FILM

My Life in a Nutshell by Tanya Peterson








Diamonds and Dust by Carol Hedges






I have to give a special mention to the two non fiction books I read this year.
Watery Ways

and Harbour Ways both written by Valerie Poore. They introduced me to a world on the waterways that was both informative and very funny. Well worth a read.



It was so difficult to pick out a few books for an award as there are many more I have read and loved. If you click on the name of the book it will take you to my review.
I wish you all a Happy New Year see you all in 2015 x

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Anne, what a surprise this was! And thank you so much! I was just thinking I should save this post for my future reading list when I came to the bottom. You are lovely, you are! By the way, I'm off FB for a while. I'll email you why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your books Val. thanks for always taking the time to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. Victoria Hislop e book still v expensive on Amazon (or am I just being a bit mean?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you I meant to put the price beside the books. I'd wait until paperback is out,I wouldn't pay that for a download. The Atlas of Us is really good and it's 99 p.

      Delete
  4. There looks like some good books for my 'to be read' list. Happy new year, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you too. I had click on all three of your blogs to find this, the most current one. I'm a book lover too, so I became a follower here as well. I know I will enjoy reading your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved The Sunrise & The one plus one. Found your blog on the Facebook Group The Bookshop Cafe.

    ReplyDelete