Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Deep Blue Sea by Tasmina Perry



Diana and Julian Denver have the world at their feet. With a blissful marriage, a darling son and beautiful homes in London and the country, Diana's life, to the outside world, is perfect. But nothing is as it seems...

When Julian dies suddenly and tragically, Diana is convinced there is more to it than meets the eye. She calls on the one person she had never wanted to see again - her sister, Rachel.

A former tabloid reporter, Rachel appears to be living the dream as a diving instructor on a Thai island. The truth is she's in exile, estranged from her family and driven from her career by Fleet Street's phone-hacking scandal.

For Rachel, Diana's request opens old wounds. But she is determined to make amends for the past, and embarks on a treacherous journey to uncover the truth - wherever it may lead..






Two sisters,one married to a billionaire and one working as a diving instructor in Thailand because her family have turned their back on her for not trying to prevent a scandal that shook her sister's family. 
Rachel's life in Thailand seems idyllic especially as she has the lovely Liam as her partner. It's such a big difference from her life as a tabloid journalist who just escaped a jail sentence in the phone hacking trials.
I liked Rachel a lot and I really felt for her when her sister asked her to return to London to find out the true about her husband Julian's suicide. Neither her mother nor her sister have forgiven her for what she done but Rachel had good reasons which she hasn't disclosed to them yet. 
This book is full of intrigue and secrets. Just when I thought I had guessed what had happened the rug was pulled from under me and Rachel's investigations took a different direction. I didn't know who to trust in this book and anytime Rachel or Diane were left alone with someone I was scared for them .
I was kept guessing and making assumptions right up until the last few pages as it drove me to what was a good ending. 
From the beaches of Thailand to the houses of the wealthy in London and New York to glamorous country retreats, I loved them all but especially Dot's Tea Room where I could quite happily have spent a few hours with my book.
I have read a few books by Tasmina Perry and none have let me down. I will be searching for the few I have missed knowing they will be as good as Deep Blue Sea.

Amazon.co.uk for kindle 
Amazon.com 

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, you've been reading a lot again, Anne! I missed the last review as I was away, so I'll have to read that too now. This sounds good, though! I like books that give me a taste of other countries too.

    ReplyDelete