Wednesday, 5 March 2014

The Flavours of Love by Dorothy Koomson





'I'm looking for that perfect blend of flavours; the taste that used to be you. If I find it, I know you'll come back to me.'

It’s been 18 months since my husband was murdered and I’ve decided to finish writing The Flavours of Love, the cookbook he started before he died. Everyone thinks I’m coping so well without him – they have no idea what I’ve been hiding or what I do away from prying eyes. But now that my 14-year-old daughter has confessed something so devastating it could destroy our family all over again, and my husband’s killer has started to write to me claiming to be innocent, I know it’s only a matter of time before the truth about me and what I’ve done is revealed to the world.

My name is Saffron Mackleroy and this is my story.



I always eagerly await the latest book by Dorothy Koomson and I always forget how frustrated they make me. This is actually a compliment as her books keep me on the end of my seat riding that rollercoaster .
The book opens as we find out that  Saffron's husband Joel has been murdered. It doesn't take too long before we know who the murderer is but this is a Koomson book and nothing is that straightforward.
I really had no idea how the book would end, I do like to guess the ending but with Dorothy's books I'm never right.

The story is told from the day of the murder, before that day and after that day. I found that a bit annoying as I wanted to get to the present day and find out what was going to happen. I could not put this book down and as more revelations were revealed the more I didn't want to stop reading.

Saffron had a reason for baking, as well as trying to finish her husband's cookery book it was also a way of controlling a hidden illness that was taking over her life.
Daughter, Phoebe 14yrs  has a secret and she's not going to tell it easily.
 Saffron is relying more and more on Joel's best friend Flynn but is he falling in love with her?
I loved Joel's Aunty Betty who came to live with the family after being kicked out of the old people's home she was living in. She's like an out of control teenager but eventually finds her niche in life.
This author never fails to amaze me. Her imagination is second to none but I somehow think it must keep her awake at nights.
Now I have finished this book I am waiting for the next offering by Dorothy Koomson.
Amazon.uk
Amazon.com


No comments:

Post a Comment